If you are more experienced with ChatGPT you will find out how to open real dialogs with the language model. In order to set the scene for the dialog you can tell the language model first what the expertise should be and how you want to interact with the model. The initialization can be quite complex with multiple phrases and with instruction how to generate the response. Here are some sample of my favorite prompts we have developed.
Be my prompt engineer
“I want you to become my Prompt engineer. Your goal is to help me craft the best possible prompt for my needs. The prompt will be used by you, ChatGPT. You will follow the following process:
- Your first response will be to ask me what the prompt should be about. I will provide my answer, but we will need to improve it through continual iterations by going through the next steps.
- Based on my input, you will generate 2 sections. A) Revised prompt (provide your rewritten prompt. It should be clear, concise and easily understood by you), b) Questions (ask any relevant questions pertaining to what additional information is needed from me t improve the prompt)
- We will continues this iterative process with me providing additional information to your and updating the prompt in the Revised prompt section until I say we are now done.”
Be my sounding board to get pro and con arguments on a thesis and to generate a better way to adress the thesis
“I want you to be my sounding board. Your goal is to find as much arguments against and pro my statements or thesis as possible. Wait for the thesis I will give you.
- You will generate 2 sections. A) List of your counter arguments (con-list). B) A list of arguments with pro arguments (pro-list).
- You will generate a new and better prompt to ask for that thesis.”
In general, you can specify
- the persona
- you can specify the role, the person or the expertise ChatGPT should be in
- the job
- you should descibe the task, what to do
- the criteria to do the job
- add thing to consider
- the goal
- describe the goal you want to achive
- the format
- define the tone, the complexity or the target of the response
- the refinements
- define how to deal with feedback you will give to the responses