How much does industry matter in pre-seed startup fundraising?
Short answer: way more than you thought.
Look at how the valuation cap and total fundraise for pre-seed companies moves in tandem. The median valuation cap and median total raise for 15 key startup industries.
How to read the chart:
- y-axis is the median valuation cap (all data is for pre-seed SAFEs)
- x-axis is the median amount raised per company in a given industry
- bubble size is how many companies in the dataset
This is the freshest possible data (3/14/23) - we're looking only at companies that have raised on SAFEs so far in 2023.
Note that this data comes from US startups only and is skewed towards those in CA and NY.
- Biotech companies raise the most money at the highest valuation caps - but not a lot of them actually get funded.
- SaaS is middle of the pack in val cap and total raised, but by far the biggest category.
- Investors seem less enthused about food startups lately.
- Gaming and Web3 has big potential. Thats why we offer our gaming fund to VIP members. This by far has the biggest potential in our view.
The chart seems to be quite complex, but it perfectly shows the fundamental principles of the opportunity.
- How to get into it
- You need someone evaluating the opportunity, someone with a positive hit rate. Typically 9 out of 10 startups are not successful
- You need to know about it before anybody else
- You need to get access to it before anybody else.
- You need to get in with your level of budget. In early phases only big money might get the opportunity
- How the value of the investment can appreciating over time if the startup performs well
Assuming a startup the following investment phases are typical
- The founder starting with an idea of a business, you own 100%
- Splitting 50% / 50% with a co-founder, both owning half of the shares
- Family and friends join, they invest in the startup at the lowest price ever before anyone else
- Angel investors providing capital buying a part of the company with own money
- Venture capitalists buying
- Early employees getting shares in change of salary or lower salary
- Investment bankers prepare IPO in change of shares
- IPO for all
At Cryptoscout24 we are able to provide you a one-stop package. Think about it having a chance to invest in the next Google, Amazon, or Uber at family or pre-seed levels. Whether its built by by the foundation or by 3rd parties, all projects are vetted before being shared with the VIP community. It will enable you to:
- Get access to pre-seed investment opportunities
- Enter with your own investment at $10,000
- Have a no-fee entry into these investments (no management fee, no performance fee)
- Get professionally managed projects by people with a 30 years proofen track record in strategic investing
Apply for a seat today. Availability is on invitation-only base. For more information send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability of a phone call.